Friday, November 7, 2008

RPK Released... Hope wins!

Today Justice Syed Ahmad Helmy Syed Ahmad issued an order of Habeas Corpus in favour of Raja Petra. The court then ordered that Raja Petra be produced in court at 4.00 pm and be released forthwith.

Having hope and faith is all worth it. Throughout the week I kept having hope that a decision like today would happen and it did. I was flooded with negative thoughts by friends and people about how I felt but I kept thinking positive.

There is hope for Malaysia. It is a happy day for Malaysia.

I would like to congratulate all those involved in this case especially the lawyers, Malik Imtiaz, Azhar Azizan Harun, Ashok Kandiah, J. Chandra and Neoh Hor Khee. Well done guys. Am so happy to be part of the team.

Sreekant Pillai

1 comment:

Riyaz Mahendy said...

Well done to you, too, pal! U r the best.

Yes, I must admit that my overall mood had been very disturbed on a personal level that RPK was arrested.

I follow his writings in Malaysia-Today, and love his articles in No Hold Barred. I enjoy his writing style, perfection in grammar and quality of language application.

I am so glad that he's home now.

The efforts to abolish ISA will need to be ongoing. I hope it doesn't get ugly.